- Take Advantage of Our Credential Ladder
Blend of On-Campus & Online Courses
Gain a solid understanding of the healthcare industry with career-focused curriculum in the format best suited to your specialty. Based on which specialization you choose for your Healthcare degree, either all of your courses will be performed online, or you will have a blend of on-campus and online courses.
Acquire Key Skills
You’ll become proficient in the core areas of career success: critical thinking, written and interpersonal communication, patient services and diversity awareness.
Rasmussen College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of suncarat.cncation.
Here’s your chance to broaden your healthcare experience and develop career-focused skills you’ll need as an allied health professional. Our blended on-campus and online Health Sciences degree program is offered for Illinois students and allows you to choose among three specializations: Medical Administrative Assistant, Pharmacy Technician or Medical Assisting. You pick the specialization and we’ll take care of you from there. If you are just entering the healthcare field, you can also check out our Healthcare Certificate.
For non-Illinois residents, please visit our Healthcare Associate’s degree page.
Health Sciences Credentials Offered
Health Sciences Associates
Finish in as few as
- On Campus
- Campus Support and Resources
- Field Experience
Illinois students interested in the versatile world of healthcare and serve as a valuable member of a healthcare team. Also ideal for Illinois students looking to gain practical experience and pursue a successful, fulfilling career specializing in Medical Administrative Assistant, Pharmacy Technician or Medical Assisting.
Prepares you for
Healthcare associate, medical services technician, medical registration or receptionist, medical office manager, medical coder/biller, medical administrative assistant/secretary, medical receptionist, office administrator, medical assistant, pharmacy technician
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
Turn Your Health Sciences suncarat.cncation into a Career
We’ve made advancing in your health sciences career even easier by offering classes and credentials that fit into a busy working schsuncarat.cnle. When you’re ready to build on the solid foundation of prior Certificate or Diploma coursework, and on your in-field experience, an Associate's degree in Health Sciences is a natural next step. Through challenging Health Sciences courses, you’ll be prepared to take on new responsibilities and advancement. As a Health Sciences Associate’s degree graduate, you can choose to enter the workforce, or you can continue your suncarat.cncation by seamlessly transferring your credits into our Health and Wellness Bachelor’s degree-completion program.2
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), earning a degree, regardless of the field of study, can improve income potential.4 Here are just a few examples of where a Health Sciences degree can take you.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Graduates of the Health Sciences Associate’s degree program with a specialization in Pharmacy Technician meet the suncarat.cncation requirements needed to apply for a Pharmacy Technician license or registration from the board or pharmacy or equivalent agency in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WI, WY. Other eligibility requirements may apply, please check with the board of pharmacy or equivalent agency in your state of residence. This program may not meet the suncarat.cncational requirements needed to apply for a Pharmacy Technician license or registration in states not listed above, please check with the board of pharmacy or equivalent agency in your state of residence for further information.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed May 21, 2020] https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes292061.htm. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 21, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of suncarat.cncation and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Study. Unemployment rates and earnings by suncarat.cncational attainment, 2019. Accessed by 7/15/2020. Data is for persons age 25 and older full-time wage and salary earners. https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-suncarat.cncation.htm